Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Submissive? Who? Me?

Not me.

I've been told I'm intimidating, so many times in fact I was beginning to think that was my real name.  I've been told I'm overconfident. Really, is there such a thing as too much confidence? I've been described as a strong woman. What's wrong with being strong?  I had breakfast with a close friend this past weekend, she was telling me her brother's impression of me, (we had just met recently), she just laughed and told him  "that's faerie, you always know where you stand with her." . Shy and retiring I'm not.  Nope, I'm not submissive. Not me.

Well, maybe, let me just take a look at it:

My Husband takes care of all the finances, I get an allowance and I ask before I buy anything.

I rarely ever go anywhere without my husband, he always drives when we do go out. He decides when and where we go when we go out. When we are out he decides when we come home. He says, "you about ready?" That's my cue to say my goodbyes.

The only say I've had in any of the cars I've driven for the last 25 years has been the color. He has picked out every single one of them.

I do the housework and the cooking and the laundry.  I've often teased him about having a laundry faerie, cause as far as he is concerned his clothes magically appear clean and folded in his drawers. My mother has asked my why I "wait on my husband hand and foot?"

He's a picky eater, he grocery shops with me and picks out what he wants to eat.

My schedule definitely revolves around his.

I've never denied him my body.

Hmmm, can I be intimidating and confident and strong and submissive all at the same time?
Yeah I guess I can, cause once I really stopped and looked at it, I'm submissive, but only to him.

I wonder if he knows he's the HOH?





12 comments:

  1. I think there's probably a lot of us here who share some or all of these traits. They're not necessarily negatives though :) and it sounds, from the latter part of your post that you are already 'submissive' to some extent.

    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds familiar. lol Welcome to blogland faerie! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea what I am. I'm spoiled, I do know that. Nick does nearly all the cooking, cleaning, yard work, groceries and laundry. What do I do? Hmmm... let me think... I play on the computer a lot. I remember dating boys when I was young that if I told them to jump in the lake, they would have run and done it. Nick would be more likely to pitch me in! I've always been one to avoid confrontation until recently. As I've gotten older I am much more assertive at work and much more likely to listen to Nick at home. Well whatever, it works for us.

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh nice lady... sounds to me your not needing to learn about Dd... sounds like your wanting to put labels on some things! ;o) Sounds like you already have it going on... except... the spanking. That definitely is a big part... but the hardest part for most of us is the submission, sounds like you might have that down pat...pardon the pun! *giggling*

    BTW... I'm not intimidated, and I think confidence is beautiful!! ;o)

    Keep in touch, I'm enjoying your blog!!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's neat that you're so confident! Nothing wrong with that in my book. And it sounds like your relationship is a good one with your husband, too:)!

    Love,
    Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Confidence and knowing who you are is great! I personally think it makes this journey much more interesting. You seem to have a good handle on being submissive already so I hope that next steps go smoothly for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dee,
    At this point I wasn't thinking negative or positive. Just shock.

    Hi Grace
    Thanks for stopping by to visit.

    PK
    I always thought I was spoiled too. Can I say one more time, shocked.

    Mikki,
    I went looking for spanking and found submission. Labels mean very little, but understanding is essential. I'm working on it.

    Kitty,
    Thank you for the kindness. Neither my husband or I are perfect, but we are perfect for one another. We've walked a long road together. I couldn't have walked it without him.

    Susie,
    Thanks for the support.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to blogging, I'm new to this side of blogging as well ( I used to blog about other stuff..) I too am curious and looking at my submissive side and or traits, I have my strong willed ones too, and my Boss personality. I have a strange want to become submissive to my "H", but my hot head and anger tend to take over most of the time.
    I will enjoy reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I especially like the ending to this post, submissive only to him.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think knowing who you are you and being true to yourself and being confidant is something to be treasured. There is a great reading by Marianne Williamson called "Our Deepest Fear" - I am not religious but would like to consider myself spiritual -"God" in the reading can be whatever God means for you but regardless beliefs, I think the thought is very powerful. It says: "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?' Actually who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." Anyways, I see confidance as a positive. I wish I had more of it sometimes. I sometimes get choked with shyness and am so afraid of what other people think that I hide. As for being submissive this is all still very new for me even though I first google searched the the word "spanking" several years ago. My husband and I work as a team. Neither of is submissive in day to day life. In some things he has more control and in other things I do so there is sort of a balance. But I would love to be submissive in the the bedroom. Still exploring. Sorry for babbling on and on. :-) I promise not to comment on every post with as much chatter. Take care, Terpsichore

    ReplyDelete