Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

I've decided I no longer like being a deep thinker. My thoughts have been swirling again, this time though I'm not stuck in them. They look like the water spouts out over the lake during a storm. They dance close to the shore but everytime I try to grab the tail to start unravelling them, they dance away. Mean water spouts, come back here. Sooner or later they will come close enough for me to grab.  I must not be ready yet though so they just keep swirling away. So since I can't even find a place to start I thought it would be good to think about something else.  I've been thinking about all the things in my life I'm grateful for, here are just a few:

My husband, who loves me flaws and all.
My beautiful daughter who lives life on her terms.
My son who made some very bad decisions and is now dealing with the consequences of those decisions. I'm very proud of the way he is handling it all.
The doctor who is finally listening to our concerns about my husbands health issues.
The time I had with the loved ones who are gone now, though I believe they are still with me.
The family that in their time of grief  made the selfless decision to donate the organ that saved my husbands life.
My home, the only safe one I've ever had.
My senile old dog who no longer remembers to go outside to do his business, he has been a constant companion for many years.
My best friend Miss K, the only person other then my husband who really knows me and loves me anyway.
My husbands job, he is very happy and satisfied there.
My brothers and their wives, my closest friends.
The men who have been my husbands friends his whole life, they have become like brothers to me.
The people I've met here in blogland, you are becoming friends to me, you have given me the ability to accept the things about myself I doubted. It is a prescious gift and will be treasured as one.

That is just a few of the things I'm grateful for. I'm a very lucky woman.  Now I'm off to start cooking, I have pies and bread pudding to make. Tomorrow will be a quiet day of watching football and eating turkey. Happy thanskgiving everyone, be well my friends.

6 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a sweet, wonderful list Faerie! Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving Faerie!
    You have a lovely list. I need to begin mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration! xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving, Faerie to you and your family:)!

    Thank you for sharing what you're especially thankful for:).

    Love,
    Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Technically we don't celebrate this holiday over here, I almost wish we did....... Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours Faerie :)

    Dee x

    ReplyDelete