Now, on to the rules:
- When one receives the award, one posts 11 random facts about oneself and answers the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
Okay, here we go, eleven random facts you may or may not know about me:
1. I played basketball and soccer growing up, but I'm definitely not the athletic type. Which basically means, I sucked at both of them, but my parents made me do it anyway.
2. I consider myself a very spiritual person, I believe in the energy of the universe. I don't do organized religion of any kind, despite the fact that I've tried many of them and hold a great respect for them.
3. I was 16 years old the first time I saw a person die.
4. My favorite color is red.
5. I hate shoes and purses.
6. I love sun hats and sunglasses.
7. I practiced yoga for years, until a knee injury sidelined me.
8. I've never kissed a woman.
9. I've recently started to wonder what #8 might feel like. (Thanks Musicman!)
10. I didn't get a driver's license until age 20, despite the fact that I started driving at 16.
11. I love my husband more than should be sanely acceptable and I don't care what any one else thinks about that.
Now, for the 11 questions:
1. Who was your most important role model?
My mother, though not in the way you might think. She was a totally negative role model. I learned from her, the things I DIDN'T want to be. She had no voice, she had no courage, she had no strength of character. I pity her, she's had a sad a life and has become a bitter old woman. "I won't be her" is a mantra for me. She is the reason I chase happiness and crave light in my life.
2. What’s your favorite meal?
Bacon cheeseburger, onion rings and a milkshake. Chocolate or strawberry, never vanilla.
3. What one food would you NEVER eat?
Anything that comes from the sea. Yuck!
4. What do you like best about being kinky?
Hmmm....what do I like best about being kinky? Wait...what...kinky? I'm not kinky!! I know, cause I asked Musicman. He said we aren't kinky, he said this is just what we do. Haahaaahaaa. I love everything about being kinky!
5. Do you have a hobby? What is it?
I've had several hobbies over the years: horticulture, jewelry maker, crocheting, but reading has always been my first and best love.
6. Is there a sexual position you haven’t tried that you’d like to?
Not really, we've pretty much tried every position our bodies allow for. I would like to try a sex swing once. I say once, because I'm a clutz. I'd probably break my neck trying to get either in, or out of it. Here's to hoping it's getting out of it.
7. When was the last time you danced with someone?
In June of this past summer, I wrote about it. The wedding dance I waited 26 years for. I wrote about it here. It was a truly magical night for me.
8. Were you in a clique in high school? Which one?
No, I wasn't in a clique. I led a bit of a double life in highschool, I held a lot of things secret. I kind of moved on the fringes and quietly mixed with everyone. A chameleon of sorts. I learned a lot and I learned how to use what I learned to benefit me. It was a profitable time in my life.
9. If you could live in any time era, which one would you pick, and why?
This is actually a really difficult question for me. I'm a reader of history and there are many time periods I would love to explore. I'd love to be a lady of the manor in "olden times". I'd love to be a flapper in the 20's. I'd love to be a flower child of the 60's. Just missed that last one by a hair.
10. Do you prefer giving or receiving oral sex? Why?
Oh, I can't pick between the two. I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE both of them. Yep, I feel that strongly about both of them.
11. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Yanno...if you had asked where I would visit? I would have said Scotland. I feel a strong pull to Scotland, would give anything to go there someday. But, you asked where I would live. As strongly as I'm pulled to visit Scotland....I know I would be happiest living somewhere tropical and sandy. Somewhere I could run barefoot all day long, tip my face up to receive the sun. That would be bliss to me.
On to the rest of the rules:
Okay, I can definitely do pasting the award on my blog(as long as I can figure out how to do that), I can even ask 11 questions(I think), but I don't think I can nominate other blogs. I don't like to choose, cause that feels like eliminating people from the conversation. I don't want to do that, I want to include everyone in the conversation. So, if any of the questions touch you, please, feel free to answer them. If you read here, and you don't blog, but want to contribute, email me, I'd love to host your thoughts. Here are my questions:
1. Who gets to define normal in your life?
2. Are you truly happy?
3. What does true happiness look like to you?
4. If you could change one thing in this world, what would it be?
5. Have you found the answer to life?
6. What is your favorite color and what emotion does that color evoke for you?
7. How important is sex in your life?
8. What is more important than sex in your life?
9. Do you believe in soul mates?
10. Have you met yours?
11. Do you play a musical instrument?
I sincerely appreciate this award and hope ya'll will accept my methods and questions as intended. I hope they spark a moment of thought. Even if you never answer them for anyone else to see, I hope you'll at least try and answer some of them for yourself.