Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Unfocused

So much too say and yet, no focus.

 LOL day was tons of fun even if I didn't have the chance to get out and visit anyone. I worked during the day, and my computer crashed that night. I used Musicman's computer to answer comments while he worked on getting mine back up and running. That actually took a few days and by then life had gotten in the way and I had no time or energy to write.

I've been a bit preoccupied with vanilla life. The holidays are here, always a bit of a downer for me. Our daughter is having major issues and her moving back in with us is again on the table. She showed up Saturday to discuss the situation. A plan is in place, but so much of it depends on her that I feel kinda stuck in limbo about the whole situation.

Her showing up effectively put an end to some plans for Saturday night. Ya see, Momma got herself some sexy do me boots. They're gorgeous, thigh high black suede, with 4 inch stiletto heels and shiny silver buttons from the toes up. Oh, do I ever have plans for those boots. Unfortunately, when she showed up Musicman stalled her at the door, while directing me upstairs to remove them. Apparently seeing your mother dressed as a common streetwalker is not recommended, lol.

No, I did not necessarily need him to tell me that. I about broke my neck in those dang heels, scrambling up the steps, from the moment I realized someone was on our porch. A knee injury and series of subsequent surgeries, effectively put my heel wearing days on hold quite awhile ago.  But these boots are so gorgeous, and at 1/5 of the price, I simply couldn't pass them up.  I haven't had the chance to wear them since because I discovered something, the hard way. I discovered that using a hair depilatory on your legs and then encasing them in leather is not such a great idea.

I have a chemical burn on my legs. A nasty red, raised rash that hurts and itches like the dickens. Having to work the last few days and wear pants has been quite uncomfortable. But, they are starting to heal and I should be donning the boots again soon. Stay tuned for further adventures with them.

I've also been winding up the blowjob interview I've been doing with Spanky. It's been an interesting experience and has taken me down memory lane in so many ways. His interview with Fondles is up now. If you haven't read it you should stop by and check it out. I've found it very interesting and I'm sure they would both appreciate the feedback. I know I would.

I also have something new on my plate. I've received an invitation to write for a new website. I was invited to be a relationship expert. First of all, I just have to say, I'm floored that anyone would think I'm an expert at anything. Though, I suppose if I were going to claim expertise in any area, relationships might be it. I have had a happy successful relationship with Musicman for 27 years, so maybe this is another way to share that.

I'm checking out the site now and haven't really decided if it's what I want to do. I've discussed it with Musicman and he thinks I should do it. But, he's always had more faith in my abilities then I have. I think I'm hung up on the fact that it is a money oriented site. They want people to pay me for my advice. I've got issues with that. Despite what society requires, I'm not a money oriented person.

If someone wants my advice, really wants my advice, I'd give it to them for free. Successful relationships are of the utmost importance to me. They can make for a happy life ,or not, if you don't find one. At the very least, they are a lot of hard work. I happen to think they are worth the effort, and I'm more then willing to share my experiences and what I've learned about them. I just don't know if I want to sully it by placing a dollar value on it. Yet, I see where maybe this could lead to something I might really enjoy and benefit from. As you might be able to tell, I'm still kinda torn about this opportunity. Any thoughts on this subject are greatly appreciated.

Other then all that, things here are great. Life continues, playtime continues, the snow continues to fall and life moves on. Maybe tomorrow I will be more focused.


28 comments:

  1. thanks for the shout-out...

    i'm looking forward to reading YOUR interview :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your most welcome :) Your experience is quite different then mine and it was really interesting to hear yours.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry faeire, i did laugh when I pictured your daughter at the door while you ran up the stairs in those boots. I do hope your legs get better soon.

    You have given my advice in your posts without even knowing it. Put the money part aside and if you think you could add value then just do it.

    MM is a smart man and that's why he has so much faith.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No need to be sorry, in retrospect, I find it pretty hilarious myself, lol. My legs are doing very well and maybe will be able to wear the boots again soon, heeheehee ;D

      I've not decided about the other writing yet, but if I do it, it won't be for the money. That's just not who I am, which is the reason Musicman manages the money :)

      Delete
  4. I cannot imagine how you can walk in those boots, and about running up the stairs?? Impossible.
    Vanilla life and kids should know when to leave you alone!
    I'm sure you will be a great relationship expert.
    But I'm curious about the kind of advice you are going to give: Well, when you have troubles with getting your husband interested, have you considered buying these gorgeous high heel boots?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, what you're saying is, that if Lisa were to ask, I should tell her no on the boots? Haahaahaaa :)

      It was definitely a bit of a miracle I didn't break my neck in those boots. And, I highly doubt I will be doing a whole lot of walking in them, but walking was never really in the plans for these boots anyway. I'm sure you'll hear more about them once my legs are all better.

      Delete
  5. Wow you are busy! Oh those mad dashes to cover when the kids drop by. They sure can get your heart pounding! I would imagine you would give excellent advice, but I won't be using the site if I have a question - I have your email address and I still expect your advice to be free!

    Hope you legs heal quickly and your daughter finds some where else to live that she just loves!

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know I could still sprint up the steps that fast, especially in 4 inch heels, lol. I was just thrilled that I hadn't fallen over in them yet, as I had only had them on a short amount of time.

      My advice is always free for the asking, I'm just not all that used to people asking :D

      Delete
  6. Hope your leg heals quickly. And I am sure you would give very good advice. Up to you to decide if you want to be paid for it. But it does seem to change the dynamic somewhat if you are paid. Good luck on whatever you decide to do.

    And so good to hear things are great there.

    FD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My legs are doing better, thanks :) I appreciate the vote of confidence on the advice giving thing. I enjoy helping people, so if asked would always share an opinion. But, being paid for that doesn't sit all that well with me. I haven't decided yet what I will do.

      Delete
  7. Oh Faerie! Those boots sound fun and all (even though I couldn't walk in them to save my life) but I hope you heal very quickly--that kind of injury isn't exactly fun.

    On the writing for a website: do what feels best to you. If you like the idea but do not like their methodology maybe find another option? The whole-being-paid-for-this can be a hard one to square away. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After not having worn heels of any height in years, I was just happy to be able to walk around the house without falling over, lol. I certainly never planned on sprinting up the stairs in them, heeheeheee. Oh well...such is life sometimes...hunh?

      This writing is not something I had ever considered before, and am honestly surprised by the invitation. I'm still checking ot all out and haven't made any decision yet.

      Delete
  8. The boots do sound like lots of fun! I always feel sassy when I wear my boots. I wore some yesterday:) Good luck as you decide about the website and all the other vanilla life things going on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SNP :) These boots definitely got sass. In fact, Musicman already said I can't wear them out of the house, Haahaahaaa.

      Delete
  9. I can just see you running up the stairs in those boots. Having her back in the house will definitely curtail a certain activity.
    Know just what you are talking about with your legs, I am very allergic to that stuff. I tried again a couple of years ago thinking things had changed - nope, same burn. Won't be trying that again.
    The advice thing scares me a little. Think about liability, it is on you. Money makes a difference. You'll make the decision that is right for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a true mircale that I didn't break my neck, lol. Yes, a lot of activity would be curtailed if she moved back in. Nothing has been decided for sure yet...still in limbo.

      I never have good luck with that stuff, I don't know why I keep trying to use it? The first couple days were kinda miserable, but they are getting better now.

      I haven't made any decisions yet, I'm still thinking on it :)

      Delete
  10. Oh, I so get the vanilla life problem! (And I once had a chemical burn on my butt from toilet cleaner!!!).

    big hug to you as you navigate it all...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On your butt? Oh! Ouch! I really shoulda known better, not one of my brighter moments, lol.

      Hugs to you too, and smooth navigations to both of us :)

      Delete
  11. Just got to love those unexpected visits. I know my daughters would be horrified to catch me in a pair of boots such as you've described. I swear my youngest has esp whenever my hubby and I have "plans" and makes it her mission in life to put the kibosh on our fun{not really, but it sure seems that way.}I know I don't know you personally, but after following you blog for awhile you strike me as compassionate and conscientious and I think that that would be reflected in the advice you give.this time I'll leave mt name since I still haven't got the google thing figure out yet. Love, shelly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shelly, thanks for leaving a name. I'm not very tech savvy so probably can't help with the google thing, but this works till you get it figured out.

      My daughter probably would not have been the least bit phased by the boots. She's kinda used to me embracing my uniqueness, lol. We just didn't know for sure if she was alone or not.

      It's not really the giving advice part that has me questioning. It's the for money thing, that part bothers me. I just don't like the idea of putting a money value on happiness. To me, happiness is priceless and it grows by sharing it.

      Delete
  12. I'm the same way with heels and it makes me mad, 'cause I used to be a shoe freak - 2 knee injuries and old age later...lol. I hope the burn gets better, and life calms down to a more manageable level. (((hugs))) my faerie friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was never a shoe freak, cause I always prefer being barefoot. But, for times when shoes are required, something fabulous is a must, lol.

      I doubt I will be doing much actual walking in these boots...if yanno what I mean, heeheehee. The legs are doing better, maybe soon I can try them again ;D

      Delete
  13. I get not wanting to be paid - it is like monetizing our blogs - that is not what I am really here for.

    But committing to something like that takes time too - it is often easy to think you will have the time, but who knows?

    Love the (mental) picture of the boots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still checking it all out, and have made no decisions yet. There is a lot to consider, and I try to be very mindful of how and where I make committments.

      The boots are to die for, and I'm looking forward to having many adventures in them. Just as soon as my legs are healed, lol.

      Delete
  14. Hi faerie. I told you I never pass up the opportunity to give advice, so here goes. There is no reason for you to feel uncomfortable about being paid for advice. You don't think all the advice columnists in newspapers and magazines do it altruistically do you? Hell no, and they get paid quite well. If you still feel uncomfortable, but would like to do it, donate the money you make to a woman's shelter. 2 bucks for my advice. I'll email you my paypal info. Lol.
    OMG, the chemical burns sound really painful. I hope you're feeling less pain. I am so lucky. I have never had hair on my legs or arms

    Kiki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Kiki, you do make me laugh, lol :) And, you make a very good point too. You've certainly given me a new way of looking at the situation.

      The chemical burn sucked, and not in a good way, lol. It's getting much better, I may even try to wear the boots again soon :)

      Delete
  15. Playing catch up...have missed you here...I am pretty sure I should be doing housework or laundry but feel the need to reconnect and see how you are doing...I had tall heeled boots in college that my roomate told me were "catch me, f___ boots" I was a tad naive back in college - who knew there was such a thing...I seem to recall by now husband then boyfriend liked them...wonder if I still have them??? Of course after two children and gaining much weight and age I think my feet have changed and probably could not wear them...no more heels for me...and I would much rather be barefoot - am right now in fact :-)

    ReplyDelete