Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

This, That and the Other

We had a lovely day here today, mid 50's and sunny. That's very unusual for us, normal is 20-30, tons of snow and grey skies. We had a busy day today running errands and getting some small projects done around the house.

During the errands Musicman stopped to check out the kitchen utensils. Musicman does not cook. He stands with the dishwasher door open and asks me if the dishes are clean or dirty. He does not buy me kitchen utensils as gifts.

Umm, yeah, so I might have been teasing him the other day about not owning a wooden spoon. And I thought he wasn't paying attention.

He has been very concerned about the bruising and feels the need to check it frequently, lol. He's not fooling me a bit.

I am still thinking about the email, and am maybe making some small progress. It is kind of running on a background track right now, popping up occasionally in quiet moments.

I have limited time with Musicman before he goes back to work, just a little over 2 weeks. I want to just enjoy the time, almost just observe and see what he does. I just want to take it all in and store it away for a little while, savoring the experience.

This is a very unique moment in time in our relationship. We did not have a honeymoon, and though we have traveled some, it has always been to visit family and for no more then a week at a time. So to have these few weeks of time, with all the doctors appointments behind us and long days of limited commitments is a precious thing. I'm just going to breathe it all in, maybe later I will think about it.

Who am I kidding? Of course I am going to think about it, just not right now. That's the plan anyway.

With it being so warm today I didn't have my slippers on and it started me thinking about my tattoo on my feet. Both feet are inked so most people think of it as two, but I don't. To me it is only one, and this is what it is.

On one foot is a very strong, thick vine. It starts just below the ankle on the outside of the foot and runs up and over the arch ending at the first knuckle of my big toe. It winds and curls a little, but not much. For the most part it is thick and straight and strong. It has a lot of small, almost nondescript flowers on it.

On the other foot the vine also starts below the ankle on the outside of the foot, but instead of running straight up over the arch, it meanders down the side. It turns just above the little toe and continues across to end at the knuckle of the big toe. This vine is not very strong, its delicate and flexible, intricate and winding. It only has a few flowers, but they are large and flamboyant. Worked into the vine on this foot is our wedding date.

All my tattoo's have meaning to me. I put a lot of thought into what I want them to represent and how I want that conveyed visually. And, of course, consideration has to be given to where it is worn. Sometimes I get them visually before the meaning becomes apparent. That is what happened with this one.

Like many of my tattoo's this one was drawn for me by our daughter. I did not tell her what I wanted specifically, just flowers and vines of some kind. She had drawn the two different kinds of vines and flowers for me to choose from.

Everyone, including our daughter thought I should pick one and get both feet done the same. But seeing them side by side on the paper, I saw the perfect visual description of my most intimate relationship. All it needed was the wedding date added. It's my favorite, so far.

14 comments:

  1. Did that hurt? I'm thinking repeated needles in the toes - ouch. I've gotten cortisone shots in my feet and it hurt.

    Bet it's pretty though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tattoo's hurt, but so do spankings and I like those, lol. Really though it wasn't bad, didn't bother me much at all. Guess that tells you something about me.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! :) I hope you're both able to enjoy the next couple of weeks. Time together is precious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is precious and my only goal is to relax and enjoy the time.

      Delete
  3. sounds pretty. My hubby has tattoes. he so wants me to get one...im thinking his hand print on my behind lol...he thought it was funny too ;) but so far ive not had the courage to get anything
    Sounds like you and musicman are having a lovely peaceful time - its sounds quiet and still - lovely :) enjoy xxx
    love and hugs kiwi xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are having a lovely time, it will be hard to see it end.

      One word of advice, think hard about the tattoo before you get it because it cost more and hurts a lot more to have it removed if you change your mind.

      You might also want to think about baring your backside to the tattoo artist, lol.

      Musicman doesn't have any and doesn't want any.

      Delete
  4. Oh, your tat sounds so cool! I only have one...it's a sweet ladybug on the big toe on my right foot. Her body with legs are about the size of a quarter... the guy who did it said it is "cheesie" and threatened my life not to tell who did it! I love her and don't regret for a minute getting her! OMGoodness... I just realized that she is like 15 years old... ok, it's bed time... I'm really feeling old now!! LOL

    Glad your feeling better!! ((hugs))b

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got my first one 11 years ago, I quickly became addicted to them.

      Your ladybug sounds adorable. All the tattoo artists in the shop kept telling me how hardcore I was to get my feet done. I always say I have been through pregnancy and natural childbirth, way worse then getting inked.

      As far as feeling old, well, what can I say, some days I feel 20 and some days I feel 120, lol.

      Delete
  5. I like like that your daughter has drawn your tattoos. I think that's cool. I'm sorry about the bruising. I rarely bruise and I wish I did a little - little badges of honor is how I think of them. But they would probably have bothered Nick too.

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not bothered by the bruises at all. I really can't feel them, it could be because I'm amply padded. Kim Kardashian has nothing on me in that department, lol. Musicman just told me this morning, no spanking till its healed. Yes, I'm pouting.

      I am a pretty proud Momma when it comes to my daughter's artwork. Even cooler, my ink is unique and I have all the original drawings of them. I even have some of them in frames hanging in my home.

      Delete
  6. I love tattoos, but only have 2. Still thinking about a 3rd. Yours sound very cool :)

    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dee, I got my first one 11 years ago, I am working on #9 and #10 currently. Yes, they are kinda addicting.

      Delete
  7. I don't have a single tattoo but yours sure do sound pretty. I asked once and he said he's spank me every night till it was safely removed! Heh, I guess I know how he feels about that. I guess I'll just have to appreciate everyone else's.

    You enjoy every last day before Musicman goes back to work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Musicman wasn't thrilled when I got my first one, but he knew I had always wanted one and it was a gift from my brothers so he agreed. When I got my third one which is a tribute to loved ones we have lost, he started to like them. He doesn't have any and doesn't plan to get any he's fine now with me wearing the ink in the family.

    He even agreed when I gave my daughter her first one for her 16th birthday.

    ReplyDelete