Pages

Thursday, February 8, 2018

PAIN

Pain is something we've all encountered in our lives .

Pain can come in many ways and forms. It can be mental, emotional pain. Pain that stops us in our tracks, brings us to our knees and changes who we are to our very core.  Loss of a loved one, an end of a relationship, broken trust and betrayal, just to name a few.

In my experience, you don't get over that kind of pain. You can work your way through it, one second at a time, one minute at a time, one day at a time. I've heard people going through this kind of pain say, they just want things to go back to normal.

I believe that's a naive way of looking at it. I've learned from experience that things never go back to normal. No, in order to move through that kind of pain you must adjust to a new normal. That in itself can be extremely painful, but I know no other way to move through that kind of pain.

Physical pain is obviously something I, as a confused, but curious masochist, have a few thoughts on.  But that's for another day.








18 comments:

  1. I think as you do...emotional pain...leaves us loss in many way...no pill to take to make it go away or to dull it. In order to overcome that pain, one needs to find a new normal....and hopefully that new normal...becomes a much better place to be. hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to reach a new normal sooner rather than later and hope it's a better. Some days it's very difficult to believe that, but I'm trying.

      Delete
  2. Emotional pain can cause enormous amounts of real physical pain! I’ve experienced that unfortunately. Not with my man but with some in his family. However, healing and a new normal do happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree and also know that physical pain can cause emotional pain. Unfortunately it's a cycle I seem to be stuck in. But I'm doing my best to work my way through it.

      Delete
  3. Unfortunately I know all about emotional pain and loss at the moment. It is a matter of adjusting to a new normal, and that is hard.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hugs back Roz, sorry for what you are dealing with. Some changes just suck sometimes. Hope you find your new normal soon and with the least amount of pain possible.

      Delete
  4. Adjusting takes intention and time and is a kind of growth and growth has its own kind of pain. I am sorry you are hurting, Faerie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with everything you've said. I'm doing my best to work my way through everything.

      Delete
  5. Emotional pain... you're so right. It never goes away. You never get over it. You just learn to live with it, adjust to that new normal and ride the waves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, it's exhausting, but really have no other choice but to keep working my way through it.

      Delete
  6. Physical pain is so much easier to get over - I'd rather that than emotional pain any day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, though finding the physical pain I'm dealing with quite frustrating at the moment.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks, I credit it to the wisdom highlights I now have, aka, grey hair. 😉

      Delete
  8. i agree with the notion of a new normal. i don't think ANYTHING could go back to "the way it was before", altho I do wish that very same thing sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sometimes wish that too. Unfortunately, I seem to have lost my magic wand, so new normal it is.

      Delete