Pages

Friday, February 16, 2018

Firsts

Growing up we all experience firsts. First crush, first dance, first kiss, first love, first heart break. I've experienced all those things.

I had gotten to a point in my life where firsts seemed to be few and far between.  How wrong I was.

I had come home from a first vacation without Musicman. It was wonderful, relaxing and therapeutic. I  worked hard to put the past behind me and begin aknew.

Alas, it wasn't meant to be.

Our son, who was still living with us, has rage issues. Often aimed at me.

I'll say it was ugly. I'll say it's the first time I ever let someone call me a "dumb fucking cunt"  walk away unharmed.  He owes that to Musicman.

I left. Another first for me.  I walked right the fuck out of there. Musicman was blowing up my phone. I didn't answer. Another first for me.

I went to M's.  She helped me calm down and eventually I went back home.  Musicman and I talked. The boy child/man, moved out.

But... my life seems to be filled with buts lately... everything I felt I had accomplished towards healing and moving forward was undone.

T and I are in constant contact. She needed and wanted my help.  So I did something else for the first time .  I left Musicman.

Yes, you read that right. I left him. I never thought that I would actually walk away from my husband and marriage, but there's a first time for everything.

I went to my brother and T.  I stayed 5 weeks.  I only came home because I had a  doctor appointment. I  have a lot of those lately.

I'm currently dealing with several major health issues and trying to keep my marriage from crumbling.

I sometimes doubt my strength.

















14 comments:

  1. I hate this for you because I know how much you love musicman from when you blogged before. I hope things improve. And I hope your son stays moved out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our son will not be moving back home, if he does, I'm gone. I'm working hard to make things right for me. Not that I know what that is right now, but...

      Delete
  2. Oh Faerie, I'm so sorry to read this. Gosh, you have been going through so much. Sending huge (((hugs))).

    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roz, life has way of being more challenging than I'd like, but I'm a fighter.

      Delete
  3. HUGS....sometimes, we have to do what is best for us...abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How right you are abby. I think that's something I'm just learning.

      Delete
  4. Never thought I would read this, you are so devoted to him. I guess though that we all reach the end of the tether and need to have the coffers refilled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought I'd write this, much less live it. Learning to be selfish and take care of myself is something new for me. Hopefully, I'm a quick study.

      Delete
  5. I'm so sorry. I'm glad your son moved out, if he was still living there after all that, fuck that. You guys put a roof over his head, and he can get the hell out if that's how he wanted to behave.

    But you and Musicman... I had wondered from your previous postings where you guys stood, now. I hope you can heal and there will be possible healing for your marriage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree whole heartedly with everything you've said. I'm not sure what the future holds, but I don't give up easily. If there's something to be salvaged, I'll probably find it.

      Delete
  6. Hi Faerie, I too am glad that your son moved out. No one deserves to be treated in that way- especially by their own child.

    I'm so sorry to hear that you left Musicman. Sometimes it is the best option after trying so hard, and giving so much. I hope that you take good care of yourself as you work toward whatever outcome you are hoping for. Many HUGS,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm learning to take care of myself. I would be working towards an outcome, I just don't know what that is right now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry that you are dealing with all these struggles. Please take care of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a hellacious year, but I'm doing everything I can to make things better, frustrating as that sometimes is.

      Delete