Intermittent internet access the last few days have kept me from visiting here. I have also been dealing with a stomach bug and haven't felt like doing much of anything at all. Trying to get back to writing daily, or almost daily, has been harder than I thought it would be. Blog friends to the rescue.
The lovely Atiyaluv nominated me for a Liebster Award. Thanks Atiya, that is very sweet of you. I'm supposed to answer the 11 questions she provided. Okay, I can do that. I am supposed to share 11 random things about myself. Okay, I can do that too, though trying to think of 11 random things I haven't already shared may be a bit of a challenge I think I'm up to it. I'm supposed to display the Liebster Award on my blog or post, it's already there, so one less thing for me to do. I am also supposed to nominate 5-11 blogs to receive the award, I'll address that later.
1. Do you believe in LDR (long distance relationships?) I'm not in an LDR, but I certainly believe that for the right people they are possible and quite fulfilling. Have a look around blogland, you will see several examples of successful LDR's.
2. Have you ever thought about writing a book of any kind? Yes, writing a book is on my bucket list. I have started more than one, I just haven't finished any, yet.
3. Do you like to travel, have you traveled and where have you traveled to? I love to travel. I have travelled through most of the eastern and southern US. I also spent most of the early years of my marriage vacationing in Canada.
4. Do you enjoy what you do for a living? if you do not, would you rather be doing something else? like what? I more then enjoy what I do for a living, it is more who I am then what I do. I've tried many times over the years of my career to do other things, I always come back to my chosen career.
5. Do you speak more than one Language? if you do, what are they? No, I wish I did, I've always wanted to speak French.
6. If you could have a sit down with any famous person who would it be, and why? Hmmmm...narrowing it down to just one is difficult. Any of the great thinkers and writers of the world come to mind for me. Since I can only pick one I think it would be Anais Nin. I find her life and her writing extremely fascinating.
7. Do you have a role model? I was just thinking about this very thing recently. My role model was a wonderful woman who was not in my life for nearly long enough. It is Musicman's Grandmother. Not only did she welcome me into her family and love me like one of her own, she taught me through word and deed what it meant to be a wife, mother and woman in this world. I miss her so much.
8. Would you move to a new country, and start all over for love? I sure would, give me half an hour and I'll be packed and ready to go.
9. Any Guilty Pleasure? (what are those?) Nope, I never feel guilty about things that give me pleasure.
10. Pet peeves? Condescending, judgmental people. I think our uniqueness is a beautiful thing, something to be embraced and celebrated. People who judge and disparage those that they see as different always piss me off.
11. Why did you start blogging? I started blogging because I wanted to connect with like minded people and have an outlet for the things that I can't share in my real life.
Okay, on to 11 random things about me:
1. I've always wanted to own a doll house. I have an uncommon love for miniature things and would be in heaven decorating a doll house.
2. I'm not a hoarder, but I have a habit of collecting things to refurbish or use in DIY projects. My latest find is a broken down birdhouse that I am going to turn into a faerie habitat.
3. My biggest insecurity is being a Mom, I don't think I'm very good at it. Thankfully for our kids, Musicman is a great Dad.
4. I believe in Heaven, but I don't believe in Hell. I think Hell is where we are now.
5. I don't follow organized religion, if I did, it would be Wicca. Yep, I'm a witch, lol.
6. I actually enjoy doing laundry. I didn't always, but laundry for two isn't so bad. I find it calming to fold and a huge sense of satisfaction when it is all done.
7. I would love to take cooking classes. I enjoy cooking but Musicman is a picky eater, so I sometimes find that limiting.
8. My dream home would have a studio for me to work on all the craft and DIY projects I enjoy.
9. I'm tone deaf, but I love to sing and dance. Some day I am going to take a dance class, I'd love to learn to belly dance.
10. I want a pair of wings. I have no idea where I would wear them, but I really want a pair, or maybe several.
11. I have been thinking a lot about bucket lists and what I would put on one, maybe because I will be turning 50 later this year. Honestly, I think I would need 2, a vanilla one and a sex one.
Now comes the part where I always break the rules. I can't nominate anyone to receive the award. That's not because I can't think of anyone to nominate, but because I can't narrow it down. If you are in my blogroll, I read you. I read because I identify with the things you share or like the energy of your writing. I never want to leave anyone out, that just doesn't feel right to me. So, I nominate all my friends here in blogland. Feel free to answer the questions and share some of yourself with everyone, tell them I nominated you, cause I just did.