Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2012

What I Know for Sure

One of the things I know for sure after 25 years of marriage is that there will be difficult times. Times of stress and struggle. The stress can be something external that impacts the relationship  and causes the partners to struggle. The stress can also be internal, one or both partners struggling to deal with a stressful situation.

Difficult times can be defining moments in a relationship. They can make the relationship stronger, or they can break it. If the partnership is strong and the partners have a deep commitment to each other and the relationship, they will survive and be stronger. If the partnership isn't strong and there is no deep commitment to each other or the relationship, it will wither and die.

Like any other long term relationship Musicman and I have had our share of difficulties over the years. Our commitment to each other is strong, quiting is simply not an option, it never has been. We have faced stress in many forms, both internal and external. We have struggled as individuals, and as a couple. We have made it through the stressful times and become stronger from the struggles.

The last few months we have faced some huge amounts of stress, both external and internal stressors, which have caused our current struggles. I wish I could say there was and end in sight, but it may just be me being overly optimistic.

We have a very challenging week ahead of us, the stress levels on both sides are going to be very high. We will struggle to make it through the week.  Exhaustion will set in and will tempt us to just give up and let it break us. We won't give up though, that's not an option, it never has been.

The things we face this week can not be solved with spankings or D/s or anything but old fashioned hard work and the will to survive. We have the will to survive and we aren't afraid of hard work. We will make it through. We will gain some resolution to some issues and some answers on how to proceed with others. We will be stronger for it and we will use that strength to keep going.  This I know for sure.


                                       

13 comments:

  1. Good luck with this upcoming week. You have a wonderful attitude and such a positive outlook; that is bound to make a big difference and help you succeed. I hope it all works out well. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope this week is better than you think. I like your attitude. After twenty five years you already know that if it is broken, you fix it - not throw it awy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay strong. I know positive outcomes are forthcoming especially with your great attitudes.



    Sunny Girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes I wonder which is really better for us, constant ups and downs or flat line, with no excitement or struggles at all. Over all I guess the ups and downs are the best - even though the downs sure suck at the time. We're here if you need us.

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have the right attitude, stay strong. I'll be thinking of you both this week.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll be thinking about you faerie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This too shall pass my friend. I hope the week goes by quickly. Good attitude is half the battle, it sounds like you are in the right place.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck this week, I will be thinking of you. I agree, although struggles are stressful and no fun, often they lead to new insights and growth...and more closeness.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with your week faerie. I like how you always try to see the positive in everything, because you know there always is one :)

    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck on dealing with the next week. Hope it turns out well. Your blogger friends are rooting for you.

    FD

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sorry that things are so stressful right now for you both. I hope and pray that things go better than expected and that you lean on one another to make it through. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks everyone for all the support, I'm surviving so far, barely :)

    ReplyDelete