Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2019

New Year, New Beginning

Hi all.  So much has happened since I was last able to write.

I spent time getting settled in with my brother and T.  It truly feels like home to me and I've been very happy there.  The only thing missing was Musicman.

It's hard to walk away from a 33 year relationship, especially  when you don't want to, but I had to.  If I was going to survive and thrive, be happy again, I  had to leave. I left it up to him to make the decision to join me or not.

It didn't take him too long before  he was saying he made a mistake.  He admitted he had been focusing on all the wrong things when he should have been focusing on me.  Yep, sounds good, but what are you going to do about it ?   At this point, words mean very little to me.  I want to see action.

He got vacation time at the new year. He came down the weekend before New Year's.  I was cautiously optimistic about starting the new year with him in my new home.

He had several job interviews setup.  He knew I wasn't going back to our old home unless it was to pack up because he had a firm start date for a job in the city that was my new home.

I have family and friends in the new city.  I've  begun building a new life there.  I've definitely changed, but I still want him in my life.  I just want it on my terms.  Might seem like a lot to expect, but I've  given up a lot over the last many years for everyone else. This is my time.

I'm currently happily ecstatic and exhausted.  Musicman, the man who was born, raised and lived his entire  54 years in the same 5 mile radius, received multiple job offers in the city I now consider home.  He's moving 600 miles away from everything he's ever known.

A new city, a new job and eventually a new home.  And he's  doing  it to be with  me.  I'm so happy I don't even have words.  I've  wanted this for years, though I never  really thought it would happen.  Someone needs to pinch me so I know it's  real.

Things are hectic, and it may take me awhile to get back here, but hopefully I will, with tales of faerie flying again.




11 comments:

  1. Wow...Absolutely fantastic. So incredibly happy for you!

    willie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Faerie! I think this is great. I'm so glad he's smart enough to realize what he was losing. I hope you'll let us follow alone on this journey with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Faerie, thank you for the update, I have been thinking about you. This is wonderful news, I'm so happy for you!

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you, Faerie, I'm so glad to hear this!! And it's nice to see you here - thanks for posting!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    I'm happy things are working out so well for you right now. I do hope your man continues on his journey to seek you again and you both can continue your relationship on your terms.

    --Baker

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was so happy to see your post this morning :) I will keep my fingers crossed that everything moves along smoothly and life gets better and better for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy for you and glad to hear from you again. Hope is a beautiful thing. Enjoy.
    Mignon

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy for you Faerie. GLad MM woke up and realized what he was losing.
    Hope where you are now has better weather.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad to see to you, and very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So wonderful to hear you are finding such happiness in your life. Good luck going forward. Great that Musicman realizes he needs to be with you and to focus on you.
    FD

    ReplyDelete
  11. thinking of you and wishing you well :-) Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete