Pages

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Plans in the Making


In all the years we've been together we've never gone on a vacation that did not involve visiting relatives. Even our honeymoon, 2 months after our wedding, was a visit to see relatives and my in-laws showed up just a few days into the trip. It wasn't as bad as it sounds, we did have a cabin all to ourselves. The fact that the only thing to do in the area was fish, and I despise fishing, is negligible. At least that's what I tell myself anyway.

Due to circumstances beyond our control, we haven't been on a vacation in many, many years. Imagine my surprise when Musicman came home one day last week and told me he scheduled 10 days off in July. Ten whole days, yay. I scheduled the time off from work myself the very next day.

I inquired ever so sweetly if we might go away somewhere. I totally expected him to say no, cause he doesn't really care to travel. He never feels comfortable staying away from home. I was ecstatic when he said maybe. I can work with maybe, all I need to do is find the perfect place, for the perfect price.

The perfect place for me would be somewhere, anywhere, on a beach with a book and a pretty little drink with an umbrella in it. Unfortunately, Musicman suffers severe burns if he even thinks about spending time in the sun, so that's out.

Hotels are definitely out, he doesn't care to be around people. We stayed in a hotel this past summer when we were out of state for my brother's funeral. Not only could we hear everyone walking up and down the hall at all hours of the night, but I actually heard my other brother snoring in the next room. Not what I am looking for, I want something private. Someplace where I can run around nekkid and no one will question the odd sounds that might be coming from the room.

No, no hotels for us. Musicman is much more the cabin in the woods kind of guy anyway. So I spent the afternoon googling cabins for rent. I found the perfect ones. The location is beautiful, there are interesting things to do nearby and the cost isn't too outrageous. The only problem, they are about 10 hours away. We could fly, but Musicman won't get on a plane and with the way flights are from where we live, it wouldn't really save us much time anyway.

I doubt he will approve that idea, though I think it would be a great adventure. I will continue to look around and try and find something as nice a bit closer to home. I have a few months to find something and I'm determined we are going to go away, somewhere, anywhere.

Water fairy



22 comments:

  1. The universe will come through with the perfect solution - just keep thing positive and then get out of your own way. lol
    How wonderful- think about renting an RV and you can take it where you like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking positive and searching away for the right opportunity. We talk briefly about the possibilities of an RV. We haven't made any decisions yet.

      Delete
  2. Faerie, I hope you find a good way to reach your perfect holiday spot. Are train or motor caravan alternatives? It really sounds a little bit difficult but with your determination I am sure you find a way and the right spot.

    hugs

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Passenger trains run through our city, but you can't board them here. Weird isn't it? We would have to drive about 2 1/2 hours to get one. I'm not really sure what a motor caravan is, but I doubt something like it is available here either. I am determined, so I'm sure I will find something that will work.

      Delete
  3. I hope you find the perfect get a way. I found a little bed and breakfast near my home. It is a farm /bed and breakfast /resort? Kinda thing? The cabins are expensive but it would be a nice break for me. Time with no kids, no people and no responsibility. Not sure when it is going to happen. Soon I hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I hope it happens for you soon too. I'm still looking, but I have time as we aren't going until mid-July.

      Delete
  4. Yay!
    I'm sure you'll find something great. It will be awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it will be awesome. I really don't care where we go, as long as we have some privacy.

      Delete
  5. Hope you find the perfect place and have a wonderful time.

    FD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks FD, at least I live in an area of the country that usually has decent weather in the summer. My only requirement is that we go someplace we can have some privacy.

      Delete
  6. Hope you find the perfect place and have a wonderful time.

    FD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Faerie...Sunny had a great idea...my folks had an RV and used to travel in it...much more private than a hotel/motel room. If you were in the Midwest, I'd suggest renting a cabin at Lake of the Ozarks...if you get one of the cabins back further from the lake, it can be very reasonably priced.

    Sending lots of positive energy that you find the perfect place!

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did talk, briefly about an RV, I doubt we will go that route, but we haven't ruled it out yet. Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm in the Northeast. The cabins I found, that I like, are in the South. I have no problem with travelling that far, but I don't long distance drive. I don't want to tax Musicman with too long of a drive. I have plans for him and he's gonna need all his energy, heeheeheee.

      Delete
  8. Hurray! I am so happy. Hope you find the perfect place... Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm still looking, but we have time yet. I'm determined, so I'm sure I will find something.

      Delete
  9. Yay, I'm so happy for you and hope you find the perfect place for your getaway.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it has been years since we had a vacation, and even longer since we had one all by ourselves. Any place private is really all we need, though someplace fun to explore would be nice.

      Delete
  10. Be persistent, I know there is something good out there for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be persistent. This is a rare opportunity for us and I intend to make the most of it.

      Delete
  11. This is awesome! It's so fun to have something to look forward to. You guys will have an amazing time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a bit frustrating and somewhat discouraging trying to find a place, but I'm not letting it bother me. I'm very determined that this trip is going to happen. We need it, and we deserve it.

      Delete