Pages

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

When You Choose To Love




This really speaks to me. I've always felt I was damaged. I spent quite bit of my early years knowing that I had no concept of what love really felt like. I often wondered if I would ever feel real love, if I would ever be able to trust anyone enough to let them see me vulnerable.

Musicman didn't know I was damaged when we met. He just loved me. I didn't believe him at first, after all, he didn't know how damaged I was. It didn't matter to him, he loved me anyway. He taught me everything I know about how to love and how to trust. That's how strong he is.

He is strong enough to stop the bleeding and help me scar over. He will tell you, that is not a one time thing. Scars sometimes erupt and bleed again, that certainly seems to be the case with me. Those eruptions often cause me to feel guilty. Guilty because this is not what he signed up for. That doesn't matter to him though, he loves me anyway, and he is strong enough to accept me dents, cracks and all.

Above all else, I'm a survivor, but I no longer wonder if someone like him can love me. I know he does, and I will always be his strongest ally in this world. We will face the changes together and we will survive, stronger, wiser and more in love each and every day. To me that is a true gift.




16 comments:

  1. faerie thank you for this post, spoke to me.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful tribute to your Musicman...and to you also. It takes courage to allow someone in, when all you have known is hurt.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks abby, I don't know that I ever thought of it as being courageous :)

      Delete
  3. His love for you is true as is yours for him. A lovely heartfelt post. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think our RL friends think we are that annoying couple, the ones who are always together :)

      Delete
  4. oh, this is beautiful (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing Faerie...this really spoke to me also. What a lovely tribute to your relationship!

    Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cat, sometimes being damaged isn't the worst thing that a person could be.

      Delete
  6. What a touching beautiful post. And how wonderful that you now longer wonder whether someone like him can love you.

    FD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really did teach me everything I know about love :)

      Delete
  7. Strong post Faerie. Lovely to read. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it was just something I needed to express.

      Delete