Friday, January 18, 2013

On a Lighter Note

This week seems like a month and a bad month at that. We will be leaving early tomorrow for the trip back home. It will be good to be home, but I wish I didn't have to leave. My brother had been doing pretty well, came through surgery with flying colors and was progressing nicely. He was supposed to come home today. Unfortunately there was a bit of a set back so it will be a few more days at least before he can come home.

My other brother and his wife are coming down, they live in the same city we do. They will arrive tomorrow night and stay for several days, so that makes me feel some better. Hopefully, by the time they leave he will be home from the hospital. I will still be in constant contact with them even after I get home.

The doctors are excellent and the nurses are some of the best I've ever encountered. That makes it a little easier to leave. I only broke down once in front of my brother. That was earlier tonight when I had to say goodbye. He and I both kinda lost it then. We are already planning to come back, maybe within the next month. Musicman has some medical tests of his own scheduled for next week so it is impossible for us to stay any longer right now.

On a lighter note, my sister-in-law and I are very much alike. Two peas in a pod is what she says about us. I asked her for a button down shirt of my brothers. I have a friend who makes teddy bears out of them and want to have one made for each of us. She was texting me where to look in the closet, I never did find it, but I found other stuff.

I found  some of their sex toys. I already knew they had a sex swing. I found their liberator wedge, blindfold, cuffs, and a couple paddles, including the wooden paddle my brother made for her. Hmmm....seems we have more in common then either of us knew. She thought it was pretty funny that I found their stuff, so did I.

We had a few minutes to ourselves earlier this evening while my brother was out of the room getting some x-rays done. He was gone less then half an hour and some how, with everything going on, we still managed to talk about sex. The conversation was about the healing power of blowjobs, we are both big believers.

If there was anyone in my real life that I would tell about my life style or about this blog it would be her. I did consider telling her, but we ran out of time. Maybe some day I will share that information, maybe not. I have a feeling if we ever get the chance to just hang out and relax together again, it will come out. Conversations with her always seem to turn to sex at some point. Oddly enough, given the fact that she is married to my youngest brother, it's never awkward or embarrassing, probably cause she and I have the same outlook about sex and our husbands.

Thank you all for the wonderful supportive comments and the emails. They really helped me stay up beat and keep a positive outlook. Until now I've not had enough privacy to even visit blogland. I get my comments in my email so I could read them, but other then that, I've got some catching up to do. I hope every one has been having a wonderfully kinky time while I've been away.

18 comments:

  1. Faerie,
    I love that you found their toys! I guess that made you smile. You and your SIL do have much in common. I do hope your brother continues to improve each day. Now take care of yourself too, traveling, stress, worry - is taking it toll on you and Musicman too. Just be kind to yourselves during this time.

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were both giggling like school girls when I found the toys :D My brother has a long road ahead of him, but even small improvements are to be celebrated. We made it home safe and sound despite the fact that it took us an hour longer than normal due to an accident induced traffic jam.

      Delete
  2. Happy to hear your bro is doing better. Safe trip home and keep us posted. Prayers, hugs and positive thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sunnygirl, we've got a tough fight ahead, but I'll take any improvement I can get, no matter how small. We're home, safe and sound. Unfortunately, we came home to a wind storm which caused damage to our roof and now it's snowing. It's always something huh?

      Delete
  3. That makes me feel good for you.
    If you found the paddles, it's a good bet that she and your brother are safe to share the lifestyle with!
    I hope Musicman's tests go well.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She would have been safe to share with even if I hadn't found the toys. Her parents have been in a poly relationship with another woman since she was a very young girl. It is normal for her, so she grew up being very openminded about alternative lifestyles.

      Delete
  4. Good to hear that your brother came through surgery so good. Surgery is still the method with the best results. I hope his outlook changes a lot for the best.
    Keep him happy! Happiness works almost as good as surgery!
    Watch yourself, you've got a lot on your plate already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bas, unfortunately this surgery was not to remove the tumor. It's too large and involved to remove right now. This surgery bypassed the tumor so that he can eat again. It's the first step on a long road, but it's a step forward at least. Musicman and I are doing our bets to take care of each other :)

      Delete
  5. Glad to hear the surgery went well and that he has a lot of support, you have a lovely family network and thats so important at times like this.

    Chuckling over your 'find' i think i would be absolutley shocked if i discovered similar in one of my family's houses, im not sure why lol

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My brothers and I have always been pretty close, that helps a lot. It didn't shock me at all when I found the toys. As I said I've knew they had a swing, she also has her nipples pierced and he has his tongue pierced, those are pretty good indications of something other then a vanilla relationship, at least for me.

      Delete
  6. I'm sure finding their toys was a welcomed stress relief moment in what has had to be a very arduous week. I am so glad that your baby brother came through surgery and that your family is all supporting each other. Be safe. Travel well and take care of each other. I hope Musicman's tests all go well also.

    hugs,
    fiona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it gave me a very welcome laugh :) We made it home safe and sound and are getting settled back into everyday life. Musicman's tests are routine yearly checkups for his heart condition. Neither of us are anticipating any bad news and I sincerely hope we are right :)

      Delete
  7. So glad to hear some good news about your brother. It is really cool that you and your sister in law can share and talk openly.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My SIL and I are kindred spirits, we became best friends from almost the minute we met. She is about the only women friend in my life that I have always been comfortable being that open with, and it's very cool :) My brother has a long road ahead, we are taking baby steps on that road. Enough baby steps and we will make it across the finish line :)

      Delete
  8. I've been away for a while and so missed knowing of your struggles. I'm glad your brother is doing better, and how cool to be able to share with your SIL!

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sara, It's so nice to hear from you. You've had a rough year yourself, I hope it is starting to improve for you. It is cool to have someone to share this lifestyle with, though at the moment I don't know how much I will share, just too much other stuff to address when we are together.

      Delete
  9. I am glad you have such a close connection with your SIL How fun and unexpected to find evidence of toys and be able to share with one another. I am happy you had the chance to be with your brother and that more family is on its way for support during this time. I will continue to send hugs and healing energy your way. May you celebrate every little baby step on your brother's road to recovery. Best wishes always, Terpsichore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun finding her toys, though not unexpected. We'll be seeing more of each other then usual while we work through this together. I doubt there will many chances to share more now, though ya never know. I think the next time we go, we will travel with my other brother and his wife to make it easier for us. Our husbands call the three of us together "the estrogen fest". That inspired us to refer to ourselves as "the estrogen triangle". We just have so much fun together and ya never know where the conversations will lead, lol. Thank you so much for all the support, it is so appreciated.

      Delete