Friday, August 10, 2012

Banishing the Blahs

TGIF!!!!

I've been struggling through a really crappy mood the last couple days. No real reason for it other then I'm female and it happens sometimes. I hate that. The only good thing about this episode is that it hasn't been quite as intense as it usually is.

Musicman wanted to play last night, and I wasn't too interested. That is monumentally unusual for me. I pretty much always want to play. I didn't refuse, I figured maybe once we got started I would feel better and get into it some.

He used the flogger. I love the flogger. Not last night. It usually sends me right into subspace. Not last night. I spent sometime giving him a blow job. I really enjoy doing that and it usually helps me get into the right headspace. Not last night.

The flogger felt fine, but just fine, no subspace. I enjoyed giving him a blowjob, but it didn't help me get into the right headspace. There were orgasms for both of us, but I didn't achieve the mental orgasm that usually accompanies the physical one. The only real good thing I can say about the whole episode is that it didn't cause me to spiral further down.

I didn't get upset or go all crazy on him. I thanked him for trying to make me feel better. It did make me feel better, just not as well as it usually does. I assured him it wasn't his fault and that he didn't do anything wrong. He has done such a great job recently of reading my moods and doing everything he can to help me when I get down. I don't know why it didn't work as well this time, but I didn't want him to question himself.

He asked me what was going on, what was stressing me out. I couldn't answer, cause I don't know. Sure, it is probably hormones run amok, but I get tired of saying that. I know it's not exactly something I can control, but I want to. I guess I haven't completely accepted that fact yet.

We were both up early this morning getting ready for work. There was lots of holding me close and telling me he loves me. Asking me if I was okay and was I sure when I said yes. I was okay, and I was sure about that. I just felt a bit off. I don't think there was really anything more either one of us could do about the whole situation at that moment.

We have the whole weekend ahead of us and I am starting to feel more like my flighty, happy self again. We have no major plans or things that must be done. I'm expecting a plain brown box to arrive tomorrow. The weather is supposed to be stormy for most of the weekend, maybe we will just stay inside and play all weekend. That should banish the blahs.


35 comments:

  1. I think the two of you will succeed in banishing those Blahs, this weekend.
    Just an educated guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya think? LOL, I hope you're right :)

      Delete
  2. Oh i think blah days are normal and there doesnt need to be any reason not one thats really defined, i get them and i cant pinpoint why...its perhaps just a combination of things but yet nothing in particular...so yeah i like blah...thats pretty apt lol

    hope the weekend is better

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blah - not good, not bad, just blah. Normal enough I suppose, but I still don't have to like them, lol :)

      Delete
  3. Yeah, must be in the air. I feel you on this. Like I always tell everybody in my family: Make sure you drink enough water!
    But seriously, sometimes that is just what we have to deal with, so I wouldn't stress over it too much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does seem to be going around, doesn't it? I'm hoping the sun comes out soon for all of us :)

      Delete
  4. There must be something in the air this week. Here's to a non-blah, mope-free weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll drink to that, lol. And if it's not in the air, maybe it's the water, cause something sure seems to be going around :)

      Delete
  5. I agree, Blah days happen; and you feel worse because you don't know what is causing it. Indeed, if you knew, you could do something about it! Hope your parcel arrives and brightens up your weekend! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I'm not the only one susceptible to the blahs. I just didn't realize when I wrote this how many of us have succumbed to them recently. I'm sure things will get better soon :) Is there an ETA on Davey?

      Delete
  6. ooo a brown box- cant wait to hear about what is inside.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy box opening faerie! I think it's just been that kind of week all around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does seem that way, doesn't it? Methinks I hear the crack of the paddle across the land, lol. That should fix most of us, wouldn't ya say?

      Delete
  8. A play date - what a great idea. I love things than come in plain brown wrappers. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sunnygirl, I hope you find some time for a playdate too :)

      Delete
  9. Life just seems to get in the way sometimes! Any new things are fun, but I bet yours will be actively used!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry you've been feeling blah lately Faerie. I hope Musicman and whatever is arriving in that box help to get you back on track! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace, I hope so too. Have a great weekend yourself ;)

      Delete
  11. Glad you're starting to feel more like your normal self :) But......... a brown box?????? It's not a cellphone is it? Hehehe :)

    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Cell Phone? Do those come in plain brown boxes? LOL.

      No, It's not a ceel phone...

      Delete
    2. Or, a cell phone either, lol. (I hate typos)

      Delete
  12. Something's been going around--we've been experiencing the same kind of stresses and being out-of-synch lately. Hopefully all will improve this weekend for everyone! As you say, TGIF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear the malady has spread your way. Here's to a better connection for all of us this weekend :)

      Delete
  13. boy - seems it's not just my part of the world that's caught the blah bug.

    i'm not sure if it makes me feel better than others feel this way from time to time too.. or that a few of us are feeling it at the same time.

    hopefully i'll come back from vacation feeling better.

    and you will too - after your weekend of no plans except for the box's arrival :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hard to imagine the ill winds are blowing globally, but that does seem to be what's happening :) Darn global warming, lol.

      Have a great vacation and a safe trip, I'll be here feeding your Unicorn while you're gone :)

      Delete
  14. Hopefully by the time you read this you are feeling better. Staying in to play would probably be a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a bit of a mixed bag this weekend, but it's not over yet :)

      Delete
  15. I hope you are feeling better! I would love a storm. It was 90 at 8 am this morning. ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lately we have been getting your kind of wether during the week with rain and cooler weather on the weekends. Come Monday the temps go right back up, ugh :)

      Delete
  16. Blah days aren't easy...you just wish you could put your finger around why you feel that way, but there isn't necessarily one answer. I hope your weekend ends on a great note :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, if I could just get a grip on them, I could do something to change it. Things are a bit better, thanks :)

      Delete
  17. Oh faerie, how I know those blah days. I'm susceptible to them striking from nowhere like some covert operations team, and I seldom know the reason either.

    As I write this it's Sunday evening, nearly night, and your weekend is nigh over. I hope it's found you well, and that your time together helped you both. Love and hugs.

    Stay SINful
    Mr. AP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did help, though it also brought some unexpected frustrations. Such is life I guess, this too shall pass :D

      Delete